Riverside Educational Enrichment Foundation (REEF) is a 501(c)(3) California nonprofit public benefit corporation formed in 1993 to benefit the over 43,000 students in Riverside Unified School District (RUSD). Uniting our community to raise funds from public and private grants, as well as individual and corporate donors, we are able to fund teacher grants in science, language arts, math, social studies, physical education and the visual and performing arts. Our all-volunteer board is composed of community leaders, parents, business associates, and educators.
What We Do
Since REEF's inception, REEF has granted over $2.1 million dollars to RUSD in teaching grants, enhancing the educational experience of students from elementary school through high school. REEF's role has also expanded to involve other types of grants and scholarships.
- Teaching Enrichment Grants: REEF awards Bonnie G. Polis Teaching Enrichment Grants, named in honor of one of our visionary founding members, on an annual basis. REEF's grants to RUSD teachers are selected from among those grant applications that demonstrate an aim to fulfill our mission and enrich the educational experience of RUSD students.
- Earthwatch Fellowships: A combination of designated funds from private donors and REEF funds makes it possible for us to send RUSD teachers all over the globe on scientific expeditions, returning to share the experience with their students.
- Student Scholarships: REEF reviews applications and selects scholarship winners each year from those RUSD students who meet the requirements for scholarships funded by gifts from private donors.
Our success is due to the generous donations of our Premier Sponsors, business partners, and individual donors from throughout the Riverside community.
- Event & Fundraiser Support: Support of our events and fundraisers by members of our community provides crucial grant funds annually.
- Payroll Deductions: RUSD employees make donations to REEF through automatic payroll deduction.
- Individual Donations: Parents, grandparents, teachers, former students and more-- donations of any size are welcome and appreciated.
- REEF Business Partnership Program: This program is designed to integrate business permanently into the support of our public schools.
- Gifts to REEF's Endowment Fund: Individual donors help our endowment fund grow through generous gifts of appreciated stock, property donations, and/or bequests to the Foundation.
Interested in becoming a Business Partner?
Please join the cause to better our community by strengthening our public schools.
Contact Brandy Wiegand, Executive Director
(951) 352-1200 x83818
We would like to thank the following REEF Platinum Sponsors, in addition to those at every level, who have partnered with REEF in support of RUSD public schools:
Platinum Sponsors – $5,000+
Gold Sponsors – $2500 to $4999
Apple Valley Communications
Christian Bros. Heating and Air
City of Riverside
Kiwanis Club of Uptown Riverside - In Memory
of Si & Skip Ober
Kretschmar & Smith
Riverside County Board of Supervisors
RSM McGladry Inc.
Silver Sponsors – $1000 to $2499
Fagen, Friedman, Fulfrost
Lifetouch Prestige Portraits
Piper Jaffray & Co
Riverside City Teachers Association